Eid x Perth 2018 : Part 2
Continuing from the previous entry. We embark on Day 3 to Mandurah.
This is the homestay that we stayed for 2 nights in Waterford. Its a single storey house and pretty decent I tell ya.
The roadtrip to Mandurah took about 2 hours and we arrived just a few a minutes late to catch up on the 1pm cruise trip to see the dolphins. There was another trip at 3pm so we went to get our lunch at this Indonesian Padang restaurant. I had Mee Bakso as the cold weather made me crave for something that is hot and soupy.
I don't really know why would you separate the noodle and soup. But it tasted nice and I finished it all within 15 minutes haha
Tahan sejuk.
Amazing fact about these bottlenose dolphins : They are not afraid of humans as they co-exist with them. There is a group of researchers and patrol that monitors their whereabouts. They come from the sea which is the Indian Ocean to be exact, but sometimes they do come to the river mouth to forage for food. Apparently everyone here understands the value the dolphins and how it became a tourist attraction. So by all means, they must protect in any way that they can. They do not felt threatened by the humans as well. I mean if this was in Malaysia, I doubt if the dolphins can live long enough to survive.
If you go deeper into the river mouth, you'll be able to see point where it meets the sea.
Pink. Talk about feminine taste eh.
Boats parked at the back, and cars at the front. Remember when I said that their backyard is the river mouth? This is it. The dolphin cruise isn't just about dolphins, its also about exhibiting the lifestyle of the Mandurah people here. The fact the sea is pretty clean and dolphins are able to roam around freely, says a lot about their lifestyle and mentality. And by that I mean..the rich people of course. I was told the houses here cost a fortune.
Mana lagi nak cari rumah jenis bosan-bosan je pergi cari dolphin. Kau hadoo.
After the dolphin cruise tour, my dad managed to find an Islamic center in Mandurah. Not far from the city centre so we stopped by to pray Zuhr and Asr. We also met the imam, who is a Malaysian. He was the visiting imam for Ramadhan the entire month and was getting ready to leave back to Malaysia. We met his family as well. Orang PJ je rupanya.
Anyone intending to visit the centre, its called Peel Islamic Cultural Association. Google it up! Honestly finding spots to pray was not a problem during this trip alhamdulillah. You can definitely see the influences of Islam everywhere, especially in western countries.
How it looks like. Not like a mosque structure, more like a house. But the praying area is segregated men and women.
After prayers, we are down to the last destination in WA, which is Margaret River. Not the typical town/city that most Malaysians go. Margaret River is definitely the location if you are in need of some majestic sea views. Its a small town, but known for its wine breweries (which we didn't go of course), many antique boutiques and shops too. Our homestay is also not far from the town. We arrived just in time for Isha' and everywhere was starving. Alhamdulillah for this Turkish shop, the only halal eatery existing in Margaret River. So its kebabs now for 2 days straight haha.
Next morning..here's a view of our homestay. Single storey as well.
And then walking around the town for 2 hours for some souvenir shopping.
Stores like this, is definitely my mum's fave. She's all about antique stuff.
And then we decided to go the Leeuwin Naturaliste National Park, the last destination for our Perth trip.
And I fell in love with the view, instantly. Praying deeply that I'm able to come here again.
What a nice way to beat the cold and windy weather with some scones? Yumm
As you can see below, that's the lighthouse. This specific area is called Cape Leeuwin Lighthouse. Some background history as well where you can find out from the audio tour. Theres even an option for Malay language.
The audio tour thingy.
That's me and my acah-acah looking face. lel
At one instance I thought this Nizam guy was a malay. Lol turned out he was from Nepal.
And then we head back to our homestay for the last time to check out.
We left the homestay with a really nice view from the sky. Major love.
On our way back, we stopped by at another picturesque location called Prevelly Beach. When I googled some pics, it would look something like this:
Expectation:
The weather was not on our side obviously, which is why we couldn't get the view above. Crystal clear & blue sea, not this time. *crying inside*
From the deck. That's Abrar by the way lol.
And that concludes my Perth trip for this year. This is probably my last ever trip out of Malaysia. Since I would have to save pennies to fund for my master's degree soon. Pray that it will go well, dear readers.
Taa x
















Comments