My Nikah Day | 140820 | Pandemic Style
People say this would be one of the most happiest day when you found the love of your life. Aside from all the excitement, leading towards the day was probably one of the most challenging periods in my life. So when the day came, I was just as happy and content to get it done quickly and officially. I prayed hard in hoping that no setbacks would take place, not from anything or anywhere or anywhere, honestly. All the bits and pieces of every girl's dream wedding kinda faded into a black whirlpool when you had to race and compete to get a date just for your love union to be legal. The whole process of discussion, back and forth dealing with the wedding planner, vendors, extended family members, friends, the not so close friends was definitely tiring. How do I pave my way to do all this, while having no functional manual at all? How do I know this was the right decision for me and everyone? How do I make sure everyone is happy with my choices?
Well I guess I didn't. I kinda...just braced it all. I wanted everything easy, fast and quick. I swear I wanted things to escalate quickly because the fear and anxiety facing another set of lockdowns and restrictions was the death of me. I honestly cannot go through that again. I think pandemic brides can really relate to this. Non-pandemic brides, stay in your lane. Gituuu haha. Anyways, aside from all the drama and chaos coming to that day, I can say that having amazing souls to keep making dua for things to become smooth was much needed for a fear/anxiety bride-stricken like me. Also, to have a partner who's really understanding and stayed through the highs and lows. I realize I was slowly becoming a bridezilla and good lord, I didn't like how I felt the negativity seeping in my explosive train of thoughts even on the day of my nikah as well. But seeing him at first glance in the white ensemble, kinda melted my raging bear moment, fuhh slowly it all went away, alhamdulillah.
The night before
I scheduled for a henna night my family and friends, to which they all came. Alhamdulillah the pelamin was already ready so it was easy for everyone to test the pelamin out haha. I told the henna artist that family and friends will come back and forth for the henna so I started out first. I chose to do plant motive instead of flowers on both of my hands and decided to leave my feet out since I'll be wearing socks on the nikah day itself. Glad I made the right choice!
Thanks to my Biro Muslimah for girls coming in with their kaftans and making the night feel very special to me *mini love*
Thanks to Mimo and Farah As for coming too, the pictures are all mostly on Instagram hehe.
The Day
I think I did not sleep after subuh that day, well firstly because the house was already filled with my relatives and my dad was patiently waiting for the catering people to arrive. My MUA was not due to arrive in another few hours so I was just making myself busy helping out here and there. Sadly, something came up and my makeup started a bit late. Our nikah was supposed to be at 3pm and we left the house at 3pm 😂 my mum was already jittery and nervous cos I was still doing the touch up 5 mins to 3pm so I had to rush everything, instead of becoming the calm bride that I imagined. Thankfully the masjid was 5 mins from our house and we didn't delay anything. My in laws were ready at the parking lot when we arrived. Since our nikah was still in some sort of restriction, only 20 people were allowed to be in the room. All of my family members were present, Ibu, AyahNgah and Anjang came as the extended while my in laws invited Achik,Pakcik Nizam and MakNdak from Johor side of my late FIL.
Thank you to my besties who were there with me to help this calm bride down : Illy, Mimo, Saidah (photographer), Hazirah, Kaka and Saida 💖
If I were to look back at the pictures, God do I look so sour! Like literally sour faced! Haha the husband already knew something had happened before and he can read my face just like. So to be frank, I just wanted the AKAD part to be over because I was really scared if something is gonna come up again! To which it did!
At 3:21pm, I was officially handed over to this man called Abdul Azim for the rest of my life. Funny story though, my dad was so nervous to recite the akad, that he told me to write the exact script of everything LOL. It was a hilarious sight seeing him all prepped up for the house and the akad itself. My husband on the other hand was the calm groom, calmly said everything and calmly passing the akad.
That is basically....my husband. He is just so calm in the most stress-stricken moments. Anyways, he had to read out the taklik and guess who cried while reading it? Definitely not me hahahaha. I swear my husband has a soft heart when it comes to me I guess 😛
Us, before
Us after 💓
proof he cried ahahahahaha, he loves me to death 😉
first solat together, this was the moment I waited for hehe
alhamdulillah, complete 💕
Home
This cake was really sedap
Thank you to my SIL Kak Ana for this beautiful deco 💕
Goodie bag form Nilai 3 saje siss, haha told my mum I wanted plant and greenery theme and she really nailed it 😁
Less is more kinda theme, I loved it 😇
Family & Friends
My SIL Kak Ana was all the way in Riyadh so she was video calling us the whole time hence my cousin Hana holding the phone, but thankfully my BIL came to represent her *during this time baru bakal BIL hehe they already tunang that time
Family from Umi's side
My SESERI best friends Illy, Mimo and Dzafir (Illy's husband)
Family from Baba's side
My Biro Muslimah besties, complete 💓
My Manchy Forever besties, Aisyah and Asma
Palam Bestie, Yoni
It was a beautiful affair of family and friends, thank you Allah for everything 😇























Comments